Guidelines are subject to change to reflect the latest COVID-19 situation in Hong Kong. Please refer to the website for the latest arrangement before visiting our hospital.
- In view of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have conducted a number of precautionary measures in hospital to protect the health and safety of patients, visitors and staff. Moreover, the “LeaveHomeSafe” QR code was displayed at the specific venue in hospital. To record your visit, please DO scan the venue code upon arrival, and click the “Leave” button when leaving the venue.
- For information about countries/areas with reported cases of COVID-19, please visit Center of Health Protection (CHP) website: www.chp.gov.hk
- According to CHP’s instruction, our hospital is requested to make a report to the CHP for further investigation if patient who is found to have fulfilled the reporting criteria of identifying (COVID-19).
1) In-Patient Admission / Out-Patient Arrangement
- For those with 14 days travel history and require quarantine, OR contact with a confirmed case in the past 14 days, please self-quarantine in Hong Kong for 14 days, we shall help to reschedule.
- We do not suggest accompany for out-patient visit. If necessary, one companion per patient will be accepted in out-patient settings include clinic, Rehabilitation Center, Diagnostic Imaging, Chemotherapy, Cancer Center, Pathology and Clinical Laboratory, and Hemodialysis Center.
- Out-patient who contacted with a confirmed case in the past 14 days / visited compulsory test specified areas, living building, or currently under home quarantine/ have fever, pneumonia, diarrhea, respiratory symptoms (such as cough, sore throat, and running nose)/ have travel history outside Hong Kong in the past 14 days (including those who are exempt from quarantine), please inform our staff
- Patient who is admitted for day case, in-patient services or out-patient treatment procedure is required to provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test result conducted within 24 hours during admission process. One free pre-admission routine COVID-19 PCR test which is by appointment only can be provided at HKAH-SR. For booking, please call 3651 8808 during office hours. Self-paid test report from any accredited laboratory is also accepted.
- Every in-patient is required to retest for the COVID-19 every 3 days (40% off discount), or due to clinical assessment, such as fever (original price).
- Prior to admission, each in-patient can register 2 visitors’ names with our Admission Office (email@example.com).
- Visitation Hours: 11:00 - 13:00, 18:00 - 20:00
- Visitor Restrictions: 2 visitors for each patient at a time, for up to 2 hours. Please do not remove the mask and eat or drink during visits (even if the patient area is enclosed with a bed curtain).
- Visitor must to obtain a negative COVID-19 PCR test result before visitation within 48 hours. The validity of report should base on the specimen collection date and time, but not the reporting date and time.
- Visitor can perform the test at HKAH – SR by discounted fee $600 or at the external government accredited laboratory.
- For regular visit, visitor must re-test every 3 days. The 1st specimen collection date is known as day 0. Retest on day 3 and so on. E.g. A patient is admitted on 14/3/2022. If the1st COVID-19 PCR test of the visitor was done on 13/3/2022. The next test should be performed on 16/3/2022 (day 3), 19/3/2022 (day 6) and so on.
- For age under 18 years old patient admission, the guardian/ parent as a visitor should plan to perform a COVID-19 PCR test in order to facilitate patient admission process. The guardian/ parent may be required to visit patient for the acknowledgment of subsequent anticipated operation consent or treatment consent for the patient.
- Please be reminded the COVID-PCR test result may or may not be available within 24 hours if you perform the COVID-19 PCR test in Government Community Testing Centre.
- For booking of COVID-19 test, please call 3651 8808 during office hours. It is required to provide an email address in order to receive the test report in 3 hours.
- Visitors are required to scan the “LeaveHomeSafe” QR code at the ward, and click the “Leave” button when leaving.
- Visitors need to show the visitor’s documents and fill in the declaration form upon arrival at the hospital entrance.
- Please practice hand hygiene, and maintain social distance.
- The following personnel and their co-habitants should temporarily suspend visitation if they have :
o Travel history outside Hong Kong in the past 14 days (including those who are exempt from quarantine);
o Contact with a confirmed case in the past 14 days;
o Currently under medical surveillance /quarantine/ compulsory testing;
o Received a written direction for COVID-19 testing under the Prevention and Control of Disease (Compulsory Testing for Certain Persons) Regulation (Cap. 599J);
o Visited compulsory test specified areas or living building;
o Have symptoms such as fever, pneumonia or respiratory illness (such as cough, sore throat, running nose, diarrhea);
o Pregnant women and children should avoid visitation.
- Our hospital reserves the right to execute any special arrangements for visitors and accompanying carers visiting our facilities without further notification.
- Patients who have returned to Hong Kong through the “Return2hk/Come2hk" travel scheme should present their QR code to hospital staff.
- Those with quarantine wristband: kindly inform our staff first.
- Everyone is to wear surgical masks, undergo entrance screening to check temperature, state travel history & practice hand hygiene.
- Under Cap. 599D, it is an offence to state false/ misleading information to a medical practitioner.
- Under Cap. 599J, if a specified medical practitioner clinically suspects a person has contracted COVID-19, they may, by written direction issued to the person, require the person to undergo COVID-19 testing. A person to whom a compulsory testing direction is issued must comply by undergoing COVID-19 testing, either self-arranged OR at HKAH-Stubbs Road.
- Guidelines are subject to change to reflect the latest COVID-19 situation in Hong Kong.
Updates on: 28/04/2022
- Kindly arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled consultation.
- Please bring along the following documents with you:
- Hong Kong Identity Card / Birth Certificate / Passport
- X-ray film, CD, or relevant imaging report
- Relevant biopsy or blood test report
- Current medication list
- Fees: Note that consultation fees vary for different doctors, excluding ancillary charges
- Insurance (Direct Billing): Please bring a valid insurance certificate / policy / card
- Inclement Weather arrangements: In the event of Typhoon signal No. 8 or above, our Outpatient Clinic will be temporarily suspended. Our Urgent Care services will operate as normal.
- To enhance patient safety, we have a Triage Station at the hospital entrance to monitor temperature and health conditions, including asking about Fever and Travel History, Occupational Exposure, Contact History, and Clustering (FTOCC).
- Appointment made through app or acquired QR code by email: Scan the QR code at the Kiosk next to the Information Counter, and then proceed to the Triage Station for further assessment.
- Appointment made by phone: Register at Registration Office, then wait at the Triage Station for further assessment.
Queuing: Waiting numbers will be shown under “Check-in and Queuing” on our app
- Further examination or treatment: Nurses will help make further arrangement if necessary.
- Follow-up appointment: These can either be arranged in-app, or by hospital staff via usual channels.
- Please bring referral letters and medical reports if any.
- If a Holter examination is needed, kindly obtain the machine one day before the consultation, and return it at least one hour before the appointment time.
- If any of the following examinations are required, please arrive at these times:
- 15 minutes early for ECG
- 30 minutes early for Stress test.
- 60 minutes early for Blood test, or Echocardiogram
- 90 minutes early for Stress echo, or Tilt table test
- Please bring along examination reports and film if any.
Obstetrics & Gynecology
- If you would like to have a detailed scan examination, please make notes in the free text area on the last booking page, we will contact you as soon as possible.
- If an appointment is made for the removal of IUCD (intrauterine contraceptive device), kindly refrain from sexual intercouse 7 days prior to appointment.
- Ensure previous diagnosis has been made.
- Please bring all medical reports including diagnostic and/or lab results if any.
- Please arrive 10 mins early for eHRSS authentication.
- Please reserve sufficient time as eye appointments may take 1 to 2 hours, including preparation and examination.
- Process: Patients will be asked to wait for 10 to 20 minutes for dilating eye drops to take effect. Once pupils are sufficiently dilated, the doctor will conduct further examination. Blurred vision may be experienced for 6 to 12 hours.
- PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE AND AVOID OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES. Patients should also consider making special work arrangements in advance.
- Please prepare the following:
- Sunglasses, a hat or an umbrella to protect your eyes as they will become sensitive to bright light or ultraviolet light after dilatation.
- Contact lens wearers should bring their glasses or extra contact lens as they may be asked to take their contact lens off during the examination.