Your Professional Medical Team
As a Christian hospital, Hong Kong Adventist Hospital – Stubbs Road is committed to following the teaching of Christ. We are not only dedicated to helping patients recover from illnesses, but also ready to take care of their physical, psychological and spiritual needs. With professional knowhow, advanced equipment and caring attitudes of our staff, we offer comprehensive health care services to you.
The Hospital Chaplaincy is available 24 hours all year round. Our staff members are happy to arrange this service for you upon request.
Your doctor usually arranges your hospital admission. To make sure of a smooth admission process, please bring the following items with you:
- Admission letter and any other relevant documents given to you by your doctor.
- Hong Kong Identification card (HKID), passport, or other
certified photographic identification.
- Deposit OR a letter of guarantee of payment from an insurance agency OR an employer who has agreements with the Hospital.
A parent or legal guardian will be required to sign hospital documents on behalf of patients under the age of 18 years.
We recommend that you bring personal items such as toiletries, slippers, dressing gown, and shaving gear. You are strongly advised not to bring valuables, such as jewelry and watches. If you come with valuables or large sums of cash, please either keep them in one of the hospital’s security safes or ask your family members to take them home for you. The Hospital will not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to your valuables.
At Hong Kong Adventist Hospital – Stubbs Road, our staff, services and facilities are all dedicated towards assisting you on the road to recovery.
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. We are not only committed to your physical well being, but also your mental, social and spiritual faculties.
Thank you for choosing Hong Kong Adventist Hospital – Stubbs Road.
Motivated by Christian compassion and dedication. Hong Kong Adventist Hospital – Stubbs Road will work closely with you, your family and your support group to provide quality healthcare to ensure that you will receive the best medical and health services.
It is the goal of our nurses and medical team to lead you on the path of recovery. Your health, comfort and well-being are our utmost concern.
- Due to limited medical equipment, our hospital is unable to provide medical services to patients who are:
- with suicidal and violent tendency or in a psychotic state;
- with narcotic overdose, drug or alcohol addiction;
- with confirmed or highly suspicious of infectious diseases which are beyond the infection control facilities of our hospital, e.g. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), Avian Influenza, Middle East Respiratory Syndome (MERS), Measles, Chickenpox and Vancomycin Resistant Enterococci (VRE) carrier;
- injured due to criminal activities;
- with injury that requires treatment facilities beyond our hospital. (For example, major trauma resulting in injury that is life threatening to the patient.)
- To accord with the arrangements of the Food and Health Bureau, our Hospital will not provide obstetric services to “doubly non-permanent resident pregnant women”.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.
- The room rate is effective from the time of admission registration. This means when the bed transfer is required, the start of a day will be referred to as the time of admission registration instead of the time of the transfer.
- A full-day room charge is required for any stay less than 24 hours. After 24 hours of stay, the room rate is calculated on a half-day basis. This rule is not applicable to promotional packages.
- When a patient is transferred to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), the Special Care Unit (SCU), or an isolation ward, a 24-hour rate will be charged based on the fee schedule of the room type with higher fees on the day of room transfer. [Note: The start of a day here refers to the patient’s admission registration time.] Thereafter, the room rate is charged on a half-day basis.
- If the patient is placed on isolation precautions, he / she will be charged the room rate of an isolation ward regardless of the type of room he / she occupies.
- Room rates will still apply during any leave taken during the hospital stay.
The daily room rate includes basic nursing care. Fees for meals, physicians, medication, diagnostic imaging, laboratory tests, operating room, ancillary services, etc., are not included.
The Hospital Admission / Discharge Office has a detailed list of all fees and charges should you require further information.
We advise our patients with medical insurance policies to fully understand their terms and conditions concerned prior to admission to the hospital, particularly the scope of coverage.
A patient's account balance is payable every 5 days (For Intensive Care Unit patients, payable every 3 days), or when the outstanding amount reaches HK$100,000. Unless there are prior payment arrangements, all outstanding accounts must be settled by the time of discharge.
Please note that the discharge normally takes at least one hour to process billing, discharge medication and other documentation. It is our aim to serve you as promptly as possible. If there is any delay during this time we ask for your patience and support.
If you would like to hire a private nurse, we can assist you. The hospital does NOT assume responsibility for the services provided by the latter or injury they caused.
We are a vegetarian hospital. Our Food and Dietetics Department is committed to serving vegetarian food of the highest quality.
All patients will be served nutritious and healthy vegetarian
meals from our extensive vegetarian menu, including those requiring special diets for specific health problems.
Cafeteria opening hours from 07:00 to 19:30.
Charges for ancillary services such as diagnostic imaging, operating room, cardiac catheterization or any interventional
therapy are calculated according to the room category.
Surcharges apply to services provided on Saturdays, public holidays, non-office hours, or out of appointment time.
Most physicians' fees vary according to the room category and the medical procedures performed. The physicians' fees are determined independently from the hospital administration. We encourage patients to discuss the anticipated costs with their doctor prior to admission.
If you wish to move to another room or bed during your stay, we will be more than happy to accommodate your request depending on availability of the facilities. However, if your request cannot be immediately accommodated, we hope you would understand and wait patiently.
• Parking spaces for visitors and patients are limited.
• Smoking is prohibited on our hospital premise.