Intensive Care Unit and Special Care Unit - ICU & SCU
Established in 1980s, the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Hong Kong Adventist Hospital – Stubbs Road was expanded to include a Special Care Unit in 2010s, and is considered one of the best ICUs among all private hospitals in Hong Kong.
Our ICU serves patients in need of specialized care due to serious illness or critical conditions. Managed by intensivists and other specialists, the ICU is staffed by medical professionals trained in intensive care medicine who provide 24-hour monitoring, timely support, prompt interventions, and compassionate care to critically ill patients.
- Intensive care medicine specialists: our intensivists have all completed specialty training in intensive care medicine and have thorough understanding of critical illness and vital organs support.
- Medical escort service allows patients to be transported to the hospital for further treatment.
- Specialized medical equipment: our ICU is equipped with ventilators and telemetry systems, and is one of the few in Hong Kong with ECMO machine. We also provide hemodialysis services.
- Support for complicated and advanced procedures: we support complex procedures such as open heart surgery, transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI), and other ultra-major surgeries. We are also the only private ICU that supports pediatric open heart surgery.
- Patient privacy: our ICU features all single rooms for optimum privacy.
- 24-hour care and monitoring for critically ill patients with unstable health conditions
- Postoperative care for patients undergoing major surgeries
- Medical care for unstable cardiovascular patients
- Medical care for patients suffering from severe infection
- Medical care for patients with breathing difficulties
- Medical care for shock patients
- Medical care for patients suffering from poisoning
- Medical care for patients with stroke
The ICU is led by intensivists and other specialists and supported by medical professionals trained in intensive care medicine, who work together to provide timely and accurate assessment, diagnosis, and treatment services to our patients.