Established in 1985, the Hong Kong Heart Center is the first dedicated cardiology facility in Hong Kong set up by a private hospital. The Center is led by experienced cardiologists and medical professionals from various specialties, who work together to provide one-stop, comprehensive, and attentive cardiology services across all areas from examination and consultation to treatment, surgery, and rehabilitation.
- Hong Kong’s first dedicated cardiology facility established by a private hospital: provides advanced, comprehensive treatment and rehabilitation services for cardiac patients
- East Asia’s first MitraClip treatment center: offers minimally invasive treatment option for patients with mitral valve regurgitation who are unable to undergo open-heart surgery
- First private hospital with its own Arrhythmia Center/Electrophysiology Laboratory: provides advanced, reliable treatment to arrhythmia patients
- Hybrid Cardiac Catheterization and Interventional Operating Room: equipped with a biplane imaging system and capable of serving diagnostic, interventional, and surgical functions, improving timeliness of treatment and minimizing surgical risk
- Cardiopulmonary Laboratory: supported by advanced diagnostic equipment and provides a wide range of cardiac tests 24 hours a day, such as electrocardiograms (ECG), blood pressure monitoring, treadmill stress ECG, tilt table tests, vascular physiology tests, etc.
Equipped with advanced medical technologies, the Center provides a wide range of services including: 24/7 emergency cardiac services (through the Rapid Access Chest Pain Clinic), specialist out-patient services (for adults and children), cardiac examinations, cardiac catheterization, non-invasive cardiac tests, interventional diagnoses and treatments, minimally invasive and open-heart surgeries, and more.
- Non-Invasive Cardiac Tests
- Resting ECG
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Tilt table test
- 24-hour Holter monitoring
- Cardiac event monitoring
- Coronary CT angiogram
- Interventional Treatment of Arrhythmia
- Electrophysiological studies
- Catheter ablation
- Pacemaker/cardioverter defibrillator implantation
- Interventional Treatment of Cardiovascular Diseases
- Cardiac catheterization and coronary angiogram
- Balloon angioplasty
- Minimally Invasive Surgeries
- MitraClip therapy for mitral valve regurgitation
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) for treatment of aortic valve stenosis
- Open-Heart Surgeries
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Heart valve replacement surgery
- Ventricular septal defect surgery
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
*The above is not an exhaustive list of our services. Please consult a medical professional prior to receiving any type of treatment.
The Hong Kong Heart Center is led by a team of cardiologists and supported by general practitioners and emergency medicine specialists, who work together to provide timely and accurate assessment, diagnosis, and treatment services to our patients.